Kettlefields Primary School
Level 2 Point 5-6 £21575 to £ 21968 FTE – pay award pending
32.5 hours per week 8.30am – 3.30 pm (30 minutes for lunch), Monday – Friday (Term Time only 38 weeks)
To start September 2023
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant, to initially support the learning and provision in our Early Years Class. The role will be primarily supporting a child with autism.
Are you energetic, hardworking and enthusiastic, and committed to supporting the youngest children in school achieve educational excellence?
Do you want to inspire, motivate and make a difference within a team of like-minded, dedicated staff?
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of working with children with autism
• Has a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
• Can develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders, most especially with the children
• Can be flexible and sensitive to children’s needs;
• Can play a key role in the support of learning,
• Is able to work effectively in a team;
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Is keen to extend their own learning, participating in continued professional development;
• Is willing to promote the vision and ethos of the school;
Duties may include:
• Supporting teachers in planning for, and setting up play provision
• Supporting whole class, groups and individual children
• Recording learning outcomes
• Supervision of outdoor learning
As a school we can offer you:
• Polite, engaging and enthusiastic children who enjoy school and love learning
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• An ethos of teamwork and collaboration
• A school committed to providing the best for all of its children
• Opportunities for further professional development
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Application Closing Date: 12 pm Friday 9th June 2023
Interview date: W/C 12th June 2023
Candidates are welcome to view the school and meet the Headteacher to discuss the role.