Welcome to Peregrines!
We are a mixed class of years 5 & 6, taught by Mr Pinnock and supported by Mrs Blomquist. In addition, we are fortunate to have specialist teachers for French (Madame Marsh) and PE (Mr Kettle) who take lessons each Wednesday.
Our curriculum is broad and varied, often linking across the different curriculum areas with the aim of creating a cohesive, engaging and thought-provoking curriculum. In our humanities learning (Geography, History and Religious Education) we are focussing on the human climate and energy, Mayan civilisation and Islam. These themes continue through our English work which celebrates the differences in our family, background and culture.
Termly Curriculum Maps and letters are provided in order to be informative for families and to offer context to our lessons, educational visits and assemblies. Updates are also posted regularly on Google Classroom so that we can share and celebrate the learning both within our class and across the school. Similarly, this is a useful resource for home learning, communication and information sharing to ensure parents are informed of how to support learning at home.
Routines to remember:
- We have PE lessons on Monday and Wednesday of each week; PE kits will be needed on both days and children are encouraged to come to school wearing their kit;
- Reading that is actively supported by an adult at home for at least 10-15 minutes each day is encouraged and hugely beneficial;
- Children are encouraged to use our wellbeing check-in each morning and to come to any adult if they need support, advice or simply a listening ear;
- Home learning will be set each Friday and come back to school on Wednesday the following week. The purpose of this is to support children as the embed their learning;
- Everyone has access to Google Classroom resources, Doodle Maths, Doodle English, school reading books and a variety of useful links for learning on the class page of the school website.